Re: RE: ICs with N-GenIC

From: Benjamin L’Huillier <lhuillier_at_kias.re.kr>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:58:23 +0900

Hi Shankar,

I am not sure about the first part of your question, but in this case I use
Nmesh=Nsample=256. Note that the ICs are generated for DM only, and then
each particle is split into a pair of gas and DM particles.

You need a "glass file" to generate the ICs, that can either be a regular
grid or a "glass configuration". I think the "dummy_glass.dat" file is a
64^3 particles (please check), in a regular grid, you can use it with a
TileFactor=4 to generate 256^3 particles, and uncomment the -DPRODUCEGAS in
the Makefile to generate gas particles, or you can generate a glass
configuration by running Gadget-2 with the GLASS option in the Makefile.

Benjamin

--
Benjamin L’Huillier
Research Fellow