Re: Help to build Gadget-2 on OpenBSD machine.

From: Christer Eriksson <agkbill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 08:06:59 +0100

Dear Christian and Boris,

Thank you for the help!

I managed to build Gadget, got a executable Gadget2 file. Have not run any
simulations yet but it looks ok.

The reason that nothing at all happen with my first try was "make" utility
in OpenBSD. OpenBSD did have "gmake" as package so I could just do "pkg_add
-v gmake" and then I had gmake.

I also replaced FFTW 3.x with 2.x

First try to build did not work. Then I thought that if make in OpenBSD was
made with there make and not gmake maybe that was the problem. All need to
be made with the same gmake.

So I uninstalled FFTW, MPICH and also GSL that I installed using OpenBSD
packaged.

Downloaded GSL source, then I build and installed everything with gmake.

That was the trick.

The small test I did with one of the examples showed that Gadget2 had
detected my four CPU, then it show a error for something wrong in the
header.

Well, now time for next step, to get some simulations running.

Thank you for help!

Best regards,
/Christer