ICs with ZA+2LPT

From: Agarwal, Shankar <sagarwal_at_ku.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:37:25 -0500

Hi all,

I intend to run large-scale CDM+gas cosmological simulations using Gadget. I have generated the ICs using ZA+2LPT (http://cosmo.nyu.edu/roman/2LPT/).

I found that the way 2LPT is set up, it generated only CDM realization and it sets the gas mass [Massarr(0)] and gas particles [Npart(0)] equal to zero. Also, the mass_per_cdm_particle is not correct (it is correct if Ngas=0).

Please let me know if I need to modify 2LPT to include gas. If yes, I have identified the following modifications :

1. Npart(0)
2. Massarr(0)
3. temperature field - i can initialize it to zero.

I will appreciate any feedback. I have so far been using Enzo1.5 N-body code but have found that it does not resolve low mass halos well.

Regards
Shankar Agarwal
Cosmology group
University of Kansas