Re: boxSize_Z in 2D hydro runs

From: Sander Valcke <Sander.Valcke_at_UGent.be>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:15:12 +0200

Hi Volker,

thank you for the clear answer!

As for why I need non-periodic 2D: I'm trying to do some 2D windtunnel
simulations where new SPH particles are generated "on the left side",
and then after interacting with an object they are destroyed when they
pass through "the right side" (or the upper or lower side, for that
matter).

Thanks also for the warning on Gadget not being optimized, I'll just
remove most of the obvious superfluous computations, the memory isn't
really an issue, same for the gravity.

cheers,

Sander