Re: galaxy collision demo

From: Douglas/Lesli Summerstay <dsummerstay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:25:37 -0400

We are developing a method for automatically selecting key-frames in data
that contain the most information about how the evolution of particle data
is happening, that best describe the animation (I am at the University of
Maryland, working with Amitabh Varshney). To do this, I need scientifically
interesting particle data in four dimensions. We thought this data would be
just what we needed (especially since there are already "keyframes" evenly
spaced in time that others have published on the web to compare it to), but
so far I haven't been successful in generating it. I can write a program in
C++ or Matlab to read the snapshot files, since they're described pretty
well in the documentation.
I would be very grateful if you could find a way to send me those snapshots.

Douglas