Gsl libraries are not being found, out of ideas?

From: Ralph Rudd <theralph.rudd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:18:28 +0200

I am trying to run Gadget2 on a e1340 cluster, Linux kernel, ssh shell using
OpenMPI and submitting the job via Loadleveler. I am linking to a local
installation of GSL, which works during the compile stage and the "ldd
Gadget2" command reveals that the Gadget2 executable sees the GSL library.
Am also exporting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable with the correct library path
in my .profile and again in the Loadleveler script. However when I
succesfully submit the job, the error output log records the following error
about 20 times:

/Gadget2: error while loading shared libraries: libgsl.so.0: cannot open

I am completely stumped. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
RR