Release of Gadget Addon modules...

From: Carsten Frigaard <carsten_frigaard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 11:04:29 +0100

Dear All,

I've placed a preliminarily version of my Gadget2 addon tool on

 http://frigaard.homelinux.org/

The addons are some analysis modules for extracting the density (or
overdensity), twopoint correlation, power spectrum and massvariance in
spheres from Gadget2 snapshotfiles. It also contains a number of small
snapshotfile utilities, like viewing the header information in a
snapshotfile, etc.

The code is moderably documented, and not yet tested against any
reference data - currently I am searching the net for such reference
data models, with corresponding "correct" interpretation of the data ,
say massvariance in spheres. Does anyone know of such data?

Finally I emphasize, that the code is "in progress", not in final
working condition, but the quality of the some of the modules should
be near production standard. you can view a status on the site
mentioned above.

The source itself is found at

 http://frigaard.homelinux.org/pub/gadget_addon-0.3.tgz

and test data at

 http://frigaard.homelinux.org/pub/gadget_addon-0.3-testfiles.tgz

Enjoy
.carsten

Du kan være med til at redde isbjørnene - Live Earth viser vejen
http://liveearth.dk.msn.com/green