Changing the snapshot file after each timestep

From: Christopher Erick Moody <cmoody_at_caltech.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:20:05 -0700

Hi,
   I'd like to run a simulation where, after each timestep, I increase the
velocities of a small set of particles. It seems to me that the best way to
do this is to somehow pause GADGET-2 after each timestep has completed,
modify the snapshot file to increase the velocities, and restart GADGET. In
that case, is there a way to instruct GADGET to quit after only one
timestep? If so, I think I can create a script repeatedly calling GADGET
followed by a small snapshot-modification program.

  Is this indeed the best way?

Thanks for any and all help,
Chris