hang after deleting particles

From: Jonathan Dursi <ljdursi_at_cita.utoronto.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 00:30:30 -0400

Hi:

Following the same path as many other groups, I'm trying to implement
sink particles in Gadget (2.0.3). I can relabel particles to other
types without incident, but when I try to delete particles I get a
`busy hang' in gravtree that I'm as yet unable to track down.

Following previous discussions on this list, I modify the local particle
lists and counts (NumPart and N_gas) between every_timestep_stuff() and
domain_Decomposition() in the main loop. If particles are changed, I
force a rebuild of the tree by setting All.NumForcesSinceLastDomainDecomp
to be something greater than All.TreeDomainUpdateFrequency*All.TotNumPart
so that in the call to domain_Decomposition(), the appropriate steps
are taken. I make sure that All.TotNumPart and All.TotN_gas are updated
appropriately. The domain decomposition proceeds without incident, but
then things hang in the calculation of forces in gravtree. Any suggestions
as to what else I am missing?

        - Jonathan
--
Jonathan Dursi