Re: BUG and solution for ALTIX 4000 series(particularly at LRZ). On intel compiler for ALTIX causes wrong results with PM module in P-Gadget2.

From: Volker Springel <volker_at_MPA-Garching.MPG.DE>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:02:48 +0100

Hi Arman,

Thanks a lot! This is highly useful information.

Incidentally, together with Mateusz Ruzkowski we came across another
problem on Altix 4700, just two days ago. In this case it was NASA's
Columbia machine.

The code always crashed in the initialization of pm_nonperiodic.c. We
traced it to a call of the erfc() function. For an argument larger than
about ~30.0, this function would not return zero as it should (with
underflow flagged), but instead it would simply crash the application.
Replacing erfc() with a call of the GSL math library, i.e.
gsl_sf_erfc(), solved this.

Potentially, the above has some relation to your problem, but I'm not sure.

Volker