Re: velocity units

From: Michele Trenti <trenti_at_stsci.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 22:45:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi Melanie,

I am using Grafic-1 / Grafic-2 to generate the IC and the conversion
using sqrt(a) seems to work nicely for me.

I have tested the procedure rather extensively, including checking in a
couple of runs the power spectrum of density fluctuations at z=0 against
public snapshots from the VIRGO consortium.

I remember however to have read a message similar to yours in the Gadget
list a while ago... so it would be good to clarify the situation once for
all.

If you like to run a test, I can send you my routine to convert a Grafic
snapshot into a Gadget one, so you can check if the result is the same as
using your program.

Cheers,

Michele

Michele Trenti
Space Telescope Science Institute
3700 San Martin Drive Phone: +1 410 338 4987
Baltimore MD 21218 U.S. Fax: +1 410 338 4767

" We shall not cease from exploration
   And the end of all our exploring
   Will be to arrive where we started
   And know the place for the first time. "

                                      T. S. Eliot